The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children visit the dentist for their initial exam within six months of when their first tooth erupts. At Mirci Dental, we see children as young as 2 years of age to help them get familiar with the dental office and begin their journey to a lifetime of smiles. These “happy visits” are designed to establish a dental home for your child so that they can develop positive associations with visiting the dentist and avoid dental anxiety and fear in the future.
Your child’s first dental visit will include:
- Our team greeting you and your child
- A review of your child’s health history and the health history of your family
- A review of your child’s oral habits, including pacifier use, diet and general development
- A gentle exam of your child’s teeth and gums
- Advice on brushing and flossing, how to prevent oral injury, fluoride intake and other at-home oral hygiene topics
- Recommendations about your child’s oral habits, including toothbrushes, toothpaste, pacifier use and diet.
Our dentists will also provide you with an overview of your child’s current oral health and recommend a schedule of regular visits so that we can continue to provide care for your child as they develop. We are here to be a resource for you as your child grows, and we are happy to provide you with information and tips on the best ways to keep your child’s mouth healthy.
If you have any further questions about your child’s first dental visit in Salt Lake City, Utah, and to make an appointment with Dr. Mirci or Dr. Dan, call us today at 801-486-1155.