Daniel D. Mirci, DMD, FAGD
Dr. Daniel Mirci completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Utah, earning his degree in human development and family studies. He then attended dental school at Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ, graduating in 2013 with his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree. He completed a one year General Practice Residence at the University of Utah Hospital, receiving hands-on training in implant dentistry, root canal treatment and wisdom teeth removal. Dr. Dan has also received advanced training in CBCT (cone beam) imaging and in cosmetic injectables, including BOTOX®, XEOMIN® and dermal fillers. In 2018, he earned his Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry, an achievement which requires 500 hours of continuing education and an extensive exam. Only 6% of dentists achieve this distinction.
Dr. Dan joined the practice with his father in July 2014 and has been enjoying serving in the Sugar House and Salt Lake City community ever since. As a dentist, his goal is to provide quality care and to help our patients feel more relaxed and comfortable by decreasing their fear and anxiety.
Dr. Dan and his wife, Tristy, have been married since August 2007. They have three children, Paxton, Landon and Bryton. Outside of the office, Dr. Dan enjoys spending time with his family, snowboarding, hiking, canyoneering and off-roading.
Education & Awards
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout Award, with 7 palms. This award entailed earning 21 merit badges and completing an Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project. Each palm consists of earning an additional 5 merit badges, for a total of 56 merit badges.
- Skyline High School, Salt Lake City, Utah; general studies. Diploma, 2001.
- Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah; predental studies. 2004-2007.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah; predental studies. 2006-2008.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in human development and family studies.
- The objective of this degree is to provide students with an integrated knowledge and interdisciplinary understanding of family relationships and individual development over the life course.
- Nevada State College, Las Vegas, Nevada; predental studies. 2009.
- Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Glendale, Arizona; dental studies. 2009 to 2013.
- Doctoral degree in dental medicine.
- University of Utah General Practice Residency, Salt Lake City, Utah. 7/13-6/14
- American Dental Association®, 2009 to present
- Academy of General Dentistry, 2009 to present
- American Student Dental Association, 2009 to 2014
- Academy of LDS Dentists, 2009 to present
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, 2018
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics, 2018 to present
- American Dental Academy, 2009-2018
Jacob Reynolds, DMD
Dr. Jake Reynolds completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Utah, earning a bachelor’s degree in Health Society and Policy. He then received a master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences from Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona. He continued at Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine in Arizona, where he graduated with his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree.
Dr. Jake has served hundreds of patients in the field of dentistry for a total of 13 years combined as a dental assistant, dental student and Doctor of Dental Medicine. He is passionate for this career and had the dream of becoming a dentist since he was a young boy.
Dr. Jake joined Mirci Dental in July 2023, and has loved his experience in this thriving, family-established practice. Growing up in the Salt Lake Valley, Dr. Jake has a deep love for the community, and he feels very fortunate to treat the wonderful patients of Sugarhouse and the surrounding area.
Dr. Jake strives to make each interaction with his patients a safe, positive, and enjoyable experience; his goal is to treat each patient like he would his own family. Dr. Jake is detail-oriented and very passionate about his patients’ care and comfort.
Dr. Jake and his wife, Courtney, have been married since October 2015. They met through mutual friends after finishing college. Together they have two daughters, Reese and Rowen, who are their pride and joy.
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Jake’s interests are: golf, cars, snowmobiling, fitness, hiking, eating good food, and exploring the great outdoors with his family.
Education & Awards
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout Award.
- LDS Church Mission, Bacolod, Philippines; proselyting and service mission for the people of the Philippines. 2008-2010.
- Humanitarian Mission Trip, Bacolod, Philippines; Built an elementary school for the Philippine community. 2011.
- Cottonwood High School, Salt Lake City, Utah; general studies. Diploma, 2007.
- Academic and Athletic Scholarship Award, Cottonwood High School, Salt Lake City, Utah; 2007.
- Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah; general studies. 2007-2008.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah; pre-dental studies. Received Bachelor’s degree in Health, Society, and Policy. 2010-2015.
- Dean’s List, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah; retaining high grade point average during full-time undergraduate studies. 2011.
- Midwestern University, Glendale, Arizona; Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences. 2018-2019.
- Midwestern University, Glendale, Arizona; Doctoral degree in Dental Medicine. 2019-2023.
- Patient Management Award, Midwestern University, Glendale, Arizona; highest patient retention in clinical practice. 2022.
- American Dental Association®
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of Academy of General Dentistry
- Member Academy of LDS Dentists
- Ensign Academy of Dentistry