Joseph G. Mirci, DDS, MAGD
Dr. Joseph Mirci completed his Bachelor of Science degree in medical biology at the University of Utah before attending dental school at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, graduating with his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1982. He then completed a General Practice Residency at Youngstown Hospital. Dr. Mirci takes numerous continuing education courses each year in many areas of dentistry in order to stay at the forefront of the dental field. He has achieved his Fellowship and Master status in the Academy of General Dentistry. As a dentist, Dr. Mirci’s goal is to education his patients about their dental health and help them smile throughout their lives.
Dr. Mirci always wanted to become a dentist. He has been teaching the pre-dental students at the University of Utah for over 30 years, an experience he has really enjoyed. He has been involved with organized dentistry his whole career and enjoys his relationships with those in dentistry and also the community. Dr. Mirci has been involved with numerous dental service projects in the Salt Lake area. He always has a home project in the works! A particular pleasure is spending time with his wife, Bonnie, his five grown children and nine grandchildren.
Education & Awards
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1971
- B.S., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1974-78; Medical Biology
- D.D.S., Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1982
- Youngstown Hospital Assn., Youngstown, Ohio, 1982-83; General Practice Residency
- F.A.G.D., Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry, 1988
- M.A.G.D., Master, Academy of General Dentistry, 1995 (Second dentist in Utah to receive this award)
- F.P.F.A., Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Academy, 1995
- American Orthodontic Society, Achievement Award, 1995
- F.A.D.I., Fellow, Academy of Dentistry International, 1996
- Dentist of the Year, Utah Academy of General Dentistry, 1996
- Student Choice Award, Associated Students of the University of Utah, April 29, 1997
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award, University of Utah Alumni Association, 2001
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award, Academy of General Dentistry, 2006.
- F.I.C.D., Fellow, International College of Dentists, October 17, 2008
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award (2nd – 3rd dentist in North America to receive award twice), Academy of General Dentistry, 2009
- Honorary Doctorate of Dental Hygiene, Utah College of Dental Hygiene, August 15, 2013
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award, Third Time, Academy of General Dentistry, 2015
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, October 9, 2015
- Faculty Recognition Award, University Of Utah, April 7, 2017
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award, Fourth Time (1st – 2nd dentist to receive the award four times), Academy of General Dentistry, 2019
A general dentist who has earned the designation of “Master” of the AGD (MAGD) has completed a structured and demanding set of requirements. To attain the MAGD, your dentist must first be a Fellow in the AGD. Your dentist must then earn an additional 600 approved continuing education hours (including 400 hours of hands-on courses), while meeting minimum requirements in certain dental disciplines.
- Academy of General Dentistry, member, 1983-present
- Utah Academy of General Dentistry, member, 1983-present
- University of Utah, Clinical Assistant Professor, 1987-95
- Pre-Dental Committee Chairman, University of Utah, 1987-2009
- University of Utah, Clinical Associate Professor, 1995-present
- Utah State Dentists & Dental Hygienists Licensing Board, July 1999-June 2007
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, 2008-present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 2009-present
- Utah Give Kids a Smile, Lead Dentist for Salt Lake area, 2009-2010
- Utah Give Kids a Smile, Lead Dentist for Utah, 2010-2011
- Utah Sleep Society, Charter Member, 2010-present
- Roseman University of Health Sciences, Admissions Committee, 2010-2015
Dr. Mirci was awarded the KSL High 5 Friday Award in recognition of his outstanding service to his patients and the community.
Daniel D. Mirci, DMD, FAGD
Dr. Daniel Mirci completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Utah, earning his degree in human development and family studies. He then attended dental school at Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ, graduating in 2013 with his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree. He completed a one year General Practice Residence at the University of Utah Hospital, receiving hands-on training in implant dentistry, root canal treatment and wisdom teeth removal. Dr. Dan has also received advanced training in CBCT (cone beam) imaging and in cosmetic injectables, including BOTOX®, XEOMIN® and dermal fillers. In 2018, he earned his Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry, an achievement which requires 500 hours of continuing education and an extensive exam. Only 6% of dentists achieve this distinction.
Dr. Dan joined the practice with his father in July 2014 and has been enjoying serving in the Sugar House and Salt Lake City community ever since. As a dentist, his goal is to provide quality care and to help our patients feel more relaxed and comfortable by decreasing their fear and anxiety.
Dr. Dan and his wife, Tristy, have been married since August 2007. They have three children, Paxton, Landon and Bryton. Outside of the office, Dr. Dan enjoys spending time with his family, snowboarding, hiking, canyoneering and off-roading.
Education & Awards
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout Award, with 7 palms. This award entailed earning 21 merit badges and completing an Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project. Each palm consists of earning an additional 5 merit badges, for a total of 56 merit badges.
- Skyline High School, Salt Lake City, Utah; general studies. Diploma, 2001.
- Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah; predental studies. 2004-2007.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah; predental studies. 2006-2008.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in human development and family studies.
- The objective of this degree is to provide students with an integrated knowledge and interdisciplinary understanding of family relationships and individual development over the life course.
- Nevada State College, Las Vegas, Nevada; predental studies. 2009.
- Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Glendale, Arizona; dental studies. 2009 to 2013.
- Doctoral degree in dental medicine.
- University of Utah General Practice Residency, Salt Lake City, Utah. 7/13-6/14
- American Dental Association®, 2009 to present
- Academy of General Dentistry, 2009 to present
- American Student Dental Association, 2009 to 2014
- Academy of LDS Dentists, 2009 to present
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, 2018
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics, 2018 to present
- American Dental Academy, 2009-2018