At Mirci Dental, we understand how important routine preventive care is to your continuing oral health and smile. Dental cleanings and exams are the cornerstone of preventive care, and we recommend that you visit our dentists and team every six months for a cleaning and exam. This “dental checkup” allows our dentists to monitor your oral health so that we can diagnose and treat any developing problems as quickly as possible and help you keep your smile and mouth healthy.
A dental cleaning and exam typically consists of:
- A thorough dental cleaning, in which we remove plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Flossing to clean between your teeth
- An examination to check for tooth decay, periodontal disease and other damaging dental conditions
- Any necessary X-rays to further evaluate your smile
- Polishing your teeth so that you can leave our office with a bright smile
Regular dental cleanings and exams are an essential part of keeping your mouth and smile healthy. While we recommend visiting our office twice a year, Dr. Mirci and Dr. Dan may recommend a more frequent schedule of visits if necessary. We also strongly encourage you to contact our office if you experience a dental emergency so that we can provide you with the treatments you need to get your oral health back on track.
To schedule your appointment and learn more about dental cleanings and exams in Salt Lake City, Utah, call our office today at 801-486-1155.