Meet Dr. Joseph Mirci
Dr. Joseph Mirci has a variety of interests. He enjoys the outdoors in particular, including backpacking (which he wishes he had more time to do), hiking, canyoneering (rappelling), four-wheeling in his Toyota 4Runner, dirt bike riding, and fishing (which he would like to do more of)…
One adventure he particularly relished was driving a customized dune buggy on the Baja 1000 course, though not during the actual race.
Dr. Mirci has been teaching the pre-dental students at the University of Utah for 23 years, an experience he has really enjoyed. He has been involved with organized dentistry his whole career and enjoys his relationships with those in dentistry and also the community. Dr. Mirci has been involved with numerous dental service projects in the Salt Lake area. He always has a home project in the works! A particular pleasure is spending time with his wife, Bonnie, his five grown children and nine grandchildren.
Dr. Mirci in the News
Dr. Mirci Gets a KSL-TV High 5
Dr. Mirci was awarded the KSL High 5 Friday Award in recognition of his outstanding service to his patients and the community.
DR. JOSEPH’S OFFICIAL CV
Education & Awards
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1971
- B.S., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1974-78; Medical Biology
- D.D.S., Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1982
- Youngstown Hospital Assn., Youngstown, Ohio, 1982-83; General Practice Residency
- F.A.G.D., Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry, 1988
- M.A.G.D., Master, Academy of General Dentistry, 1995 (Second dentist in Utah to receive this award)
- F.P.F.A., Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Academy, 1995]
- American Orthodontic Society, Achievement Award, 1995
- F.A.D.I., Fellow, Academy of Dentistry International, 1996
- Dentist of the Year, Utah Academy of General Dentistry, 1996
- Student Choice Award, Associated Students of the University of Utah, April 29, 1997
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award, University of Utah Alumni Association, 2001
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award, Academy of General Dentistry, 2006.
- F.I.C.D., Fellow, International College of Dentists, October 17, 2008.
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition Award (2nd – 3rd dentist in North America to receive award twice), Academy of General Dentistry, 2009.
- American Dental Assn., member, 1981-present.
- Utah Dental Assn., member, 1983-present.
- Academy of General Dentistry, member, 1983-present.
- Utah Academy of General Dentistry, member, 1983-present.
- University of Utah, Clinical Assistant Professor, 1987-95.
- Pre-Dental Committee Chairman, University of Utah, 1987-2009.
- University of Utah, Clinical Associate Professor, 1995-present.
- Utah State Dentists & Dental Hygienists Licensing Board, July 1999-June 2007.
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, 2008-present.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 2009-present.
- Utah Give Kids a Smile, Lead Dentist for Salt Lake area, 2009-2010.
- Utah Give Kids a Smile, Lead Dentist for Utah, 2010-present.
- Utah Sleep Society, Charter Member, 2010-present.
- Roseman University of Health Sciences, Admissions Committee, 2010- present.
Schedule an Appointment
To make an appointment with Dr. Mirci, contact us online or call (801) 486-1155 today.
“Dr. Mirci and his son Dan are amazing dentists. I have been a patient for over 10 years. I have never had a bad experience... They are very transparent with recommendations as well as the billing process is excellent. I drive almost an hour to be seen by these guys and it is always worth it.” Erin D.