Dr. Dan Mirci was born in Youngstown Ohio and lived there for about six months before his family moved to Utah. He grew up hiking, fishing and riding ATVs. Along with riding ATVs He had plenty of opportunity to do maintenance and repair on them. Dr. Dan found that he thoroughly enjoys working with his hands and getting the satisfaction of restoring mechanical machines.
After graduating from Skyline High School, he served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in New Mexico for two years. After returning home, he continued riding atvs and dirt bikes and learned more about mechanics and how to fix them.
Dr. Dan completed his undergraduate studies at Salt Lake Community College and the University of Utah. Meanwhile worked laying tile and also as an orthodontic assistant. He knew he loved working with his hands and fixing things, but he also found that he loved talking to people and decided that he could accomplish all of these by being a dentist.
After graduating from the University of Utah, he attended and graduated Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine in Glendale, Arizona. While in school he participated in an outreach service program providing dental care to a small town in Mexico where most of the residents had never seen a dentist due to limited finances and no accessibility.
After graduation, he completed his general practice dental residency at the University of Utah in spring of 2014. After residency he took and passed the Fellowship exam and is in the process of becoming a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry.
In July of 2014 Dr. Dan joined practice with his dad and has been enjoying every minute of it. He believes that, “we have the greatest patients in the Salt Lake valley.”
When not helping patients, Dr. Dan enjoys spending quality time with his beautiful wife, Tristy, two young sons, and baby daughter. Together, they enjoy hiking, camping, and riding 4-wheelers.
DR. DAN’S OFFICIAL CV
Education & Awards
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout Award, with 7 palms. This award entailed earning 21 merit badges and completing an Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project. Each palm consists of earning an additional 5 merit badges, for a total of 56 merit badges.
- Skyline High School, Salt Lake City, Utah; general studies. Diploma, 2001.
- Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah; predental studies. 2004-2007.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah; predental studies. 2006-2008.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Development and
- Family Studies. The objective of this degree is to provide students with an integrated knowledge and interdisciplinary understanding of family relationships and individual development over the life course.
- Nevada State College, Las Vegas, Nevada; predental studies. 2009.
- Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, Glendale, Arizona; dental studies. 2009 to 2013.
- Doctorate degree in Dental Medicine.
- University of Utah General Practice Residency, Salt Lake City, Utah. 7/13-6/14
- American Dental Association, 2009 to present.
- Academy of General Dentistry, 2009 to present.
- American Student Dental Association, 2009 to 2014
- Academy of LDS Dentists, 2009 to present.
- In process of Achieving Fellowship in the Acadamy of General Dentistry
- Mountain Top Tile, Salt Lake City, Utah; tile setter; assistant manager. 2004-2007.
- Feller Orthodontics, Salt Lake City, Utah; orthodontic assistant. 2006-2009.
- Feller Orthodontics, Las Vegas, Nevada; orthodontic assistant. 2009.
- University of Utah General Practice Residency; dental resident. 7/13-6/14